In just two days, I’ll be on a dang plane to BUENOS AIRES, y’all! Jimmy and my friend Cameron and I are headed down for a week of empanadas, malbecs and so many alfajores…. (SPOILER ALERT: #90 will be alfajores and I’m so excited to be baking in a FOREIGN COUNTRY! I’m packing measuring cups and spoons! NEAT!)
A few things:
- This is my first trip with my friend Cameron. I love this kid. He’s so smart and so funny and so loyal and kind but also – a complete asshole. Like if Sarah Silverman and a blue cheese had a baby – that would be Cameron. Just real offensive, but sometimes perfect on a salad.
- It’s Cammy’s birfday on Friday. I think we’re going to find BA drag queens. I hope there’s one named Steve-ita Peron
- There’s a VERY good chance, we’ll make a day trip to URUGUAY! Because why not go to Uruguay? RIGHT???
- For the first time ever, I’m looking forward to the flight. It’s an overnighter and I think I’ve got a good passing-out strategy for sleeping through most of it…. And, if I’m awake, I’m going to spend the time working on NEW PROJECT. Yay!
- It’s winter down there, and I can’t wait to WEAR SWEATERS!!!!
- I just thought of another great drag queen name – Large Margentina
OK – about these cookies….
There’s a guy I know only from the Instagram who reached out to me last week about some custom-order cookies. He’s a gay who lives in Chicago and a few weeks back, he successfully flirted with ANOTHER MAN! Only thing is – the flirted-with man lives in Canada. The Canadian is coming back to Chicago this weekend and my Chicago friend asked for some fun courtship cookies!
I really thought hard about what to do. This relationship is in a real early/real fragile stage. I don’t know either well enough for a super personal cookie. Plus, I don’t want to scare the Canadian off…. I was thinking maybe something very Chicago or something very Canada (even got as far as drawing this up)….
…but in the end, I thought maybe something like these Instagram Likeys would be real cute and non-threatening and hopefully not-lame. They could take each other’s pictures with them and it would be real, real sweet and romantic.
Anyway, these are just basic-b cut-outs with a vanilla buttercream. I think they turned out so well, despite the fact I had to do some surgery on some existing cookie cutters. Should I have some custom Instagram Likey cookie cutters fabricated???? Maybe people would go real ape-shit for these…. What do y’all think? Leave a comment wherever comments can be left! THANKS!