Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi!
Remember when Neil Sedaka was a guest judge on the second season of American Idol? It’s burned on my brain, but only because he called Clay Aiken “ear delicious”.
Here is my 100 Cookies Ear-Delicious Cookie-Baking Music Playlist! It’s all R&B and it’s about an hour’s worth of songs. If baking cookies takes longer than an hour – Jesus Christ, something’s wrong with your life….
- U Got The Look – Prince. (this is a must, especially at the beginning)
- Now That We Found Love – Heavy D & The Boyz
- Real Love – Mary J!
- Hey Fuck You – The Beastie Boys (YES! my all-time favorite song ever)
- Show Me Love – Robin S.
- Keep On Walkin – Cece Peniston
- 1, 2 Step – Ciara
- Return of the Mack – Mark Morrison
- No Diggity – Blackstreet
- Too Close – NEXT (these three songs were on a mix tape that I got at Beaumonts in Chicago. Remember Beaumonts??? IT WAS THE WORST!!!!)
- Where My Girls At? – 702
- Feel So Good – Ma$e
- Mesmerized – Faith Evans
- Red Light Special – TLC (ooooooh! I love this song!)
- Bring The Pain – Missy Elliott & Method Man
- Baby I’m a Star (Prince bookends!!!)
If you have any 90’s / early 2000s hip-hop/R&B that you’d like to recommend, I’d love to know about it! (Please no Brandy/Monica).
AND – if you want a HOLIDAY COOKIE-BAKING PLAYLIST – I got you there too….
- Good Morning Blues – Ella Fitzgerald
- Christmas Wrapping – The Waitresses (this is honestly one of my most ever favorite songs ever ever ever ever, up there with Hey Fuck You! It’s like these two…. And maybe Philadelphia Freedom from Elton John….. Ugh – such a great song….)
- All I Want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
- My Favorite Things – Tony Bennett
- Donde Esta Santa Claus – Guster
- Turkey Lurkey Time – the Promises, Promises soundtrack
- Linus & Lucy – Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack (also Skating is a great track)
- What Christmas Means To Me – Mr. Steveland Wonder
- This Christmas – Donny Hathaway
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – Darlene Love
- Rockin Around The Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
- Sleigh Ride – Harry Connick Jr.
- Gabriel’s Message – Sting
- S&M – Rihanna (just to spice things up a little!)
- Do You Hear What I Hear – Whitney Houston
- 2000 Miles – The Pretenders
- Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney
- What Are You Doing New Years Eve – Ella Fitzgerald (Ella bookends!)
Has this been helpful??? Ugh – I just want you to have the best fucking experience of your entire life and I guarantee these lists of songs, picked by yours truly, is going to do the dang trick! I REALLY BELIEVE THAT! Bye!!!