Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi
Hey team – it’s been a while since I’ve updated this dang blog! Like over two weeks???? Sheesh!
SIDEBAR – did you know that Sheesh is actually the name of some Indian food? I ordered it once when I was in Kansas City. SHEESH!
OK – One of the reasons for the radio silence here is that two weekends ago, Jimmy, Jugdish, Enid and I went to Traverse City, Michigan to do the Paddles & Pints! It’s this thing where you strap into a kayak and paddle through the bay and the canal to all these craft breweries. A few things:
- We stayed in an AirBNB with a triangle window. I mean – can you even believe?
- It was the Traverse City Film Festival that weekend and we ran into Doug Benson outside one of the hotels and I had a mini meltdown. He’s this comedian who does movie review podcasts and they’re so funny! HERE’S THE LINK! – LINK!
- The drive from Ohio to Traverse City took so long and I was so bored that at one point, I retold the entire story of Working Girl from beginning to end. Such a good movie. Remember when they went to the tropical wedding reception??? Liz? Beth? BITZY!!!!
4. Jimmy fell in love with one of the Paddles & Pints guides named Anthony who was maybe 22, had a mustache and was mos-def straight. At one point, Jimmy offers to show Anthony his skateboard moves as a way to show his youthfulness and virility. If only someone had a skateboard…. PS – this is how Jimmy looked (after several beers)
5. Y’all – Traverse City is so cute and I just dang loved it! And I’m really into kayaking now! I’m so good at it! THE BEST, really!
6. When we got back, we went to the Danny O’Connor Election Night Party and had FREE PIZZA and stayed until about 10pm and then left. As of right now, it’s still basically a tie with some ballots that need to be counted and I’m just really excited to see if bro-bro wins! (Also – I’m excited for more free pizza election night parties – what a fun night!)
Is anyone still reading this bullplop? Do you want to know about these Oatmeal Bars? You know, this was really just an excuse to write this dumb blog about our Michigan vacation…. The recipe stunk. Check back in a few days for a much better recipe situation! I promise, it’ll be much better than this shit.
This was me in the car ride home from Michigan! WHAT A HUNK! 😍😍😍